Here is my "Ducky" pillow. This is a very special pillow, one that I treasure. Why you ask? This pillow is special for two reasons. First, because my Mom made it for me. Second, because it is made with very special fabric. When I was a girl my Grandma Brewer made me a quilt out of this fabric. It was this material with solid yellow material accenting it, if I remember correctly. I no longer have the quilt. I think Grandma made my brothers quilts at the same time. Some time ago my Mom told me she thought she had some of the fabric from the quilt that Grandma had given me. She asked me if I would like a pillow from it. Since I have fond memories of the quilt and my Grandma, I said, yes, there was no thinking about it. You know how you have something from your childhood that you have forgotten about, but it is brought up in conversation and you can remember it and think fondly of it. That is how I feel about the quilt my Grandma made for me. I remember it with fondness. My Mom later told me she couldn't find the material. So I assumed no pillow. To my suprise my Mom gave me this pillow. She later found the fabric, but didn't tell me. Isn't she sneaky?! I love it. I could remember the Ducks, but didn't really remember the details of the fabric. Can you see the duck in the middle carrying a knap sack with his mouth. She also put pretty lace around it. She told me she didn't know how long she had had the lace. It addes character to the pillow too. This pillow will keep my fond memories closer to my mind and heart. I have a legacy to continue with my new found love of quilting. A hobby I have inherited from my Granma and my MOM. Thank you MOM for the pillow and for being MY MOM. I love it. I love you too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment