Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day




It has been a blessed Mothers Day weekend...........so far. Yesterday I got to spend the day with my Mom. We went to Jamesport. We looked a fabric, and flowers, my two favorite things. We ate out for lunch. It was beautiful weather, well just a bit chilly in my opion, but it was sunny. We had a good time just spending time together and visiting. I love my Mom and know that I don't spend as much time with her as a good daughter should. I will treasure our time together. Blake and Carissa came over for a visit. They spoiled me by bringing me two beautifully made wooden planters. Aren't they neat! I am very much loking forward to finding the perfect spot for them, (with Doug's approval) and getting pretty flowers to put in them. They will last forever. It was very nice to get to spend time with them also. We had supper. Doug barbequed hamburgers and bratwurst. I have a wonderful son, with whom I am very proud of and I am totally falling in love with Carissa too. It is wonderful being a MOM! Today I received the pink carnation at church. Mothers were celebrated there as well. All the women of the church received a carnation. We will finish the MOM celebration with Shirley, as soon as Doug gets awake from his Sunday afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment