Monday, March 23, 2009
Women of Faith Conference
I am just now getting around to talking about the Women of Faith Conference that I attended on March 13th and 14th in Kansas City at the Sprint Center. It was awesome. On Friday the speakers were: Steve Arterburn, Marilyn Meberg and Sandi Patti. I had never heard of Steve or Marilyn, but will not soon forget them. Sandi Pattie had a personal testimony and sang. WOW, she was awesome. On Friday night we heard from Lisa Whelchel, and Steven Curtis Chapman. Steven Curtis Chapman was a double WOW. He spoke about his recent loss last May when his 17 year old son backed over their youngest daughter and killed her. He started out by singing Blessed be The Name. It was very emotional when he sang, "You give and take away...You give and take away, but my heart will choose to say.....Blessed be Your name" A huge testimony to us all in remembering that God is in control.......All the time. We are to choose to say" Blessed be Your name". His other singing was spectacular. He is AWESOME. Saturday, was wonderful too. Those speaking/performing then were:Allison Allen, who did two wonderful skits. One was about eating disorders. It was very good. Patsy Clairmont spoke....she is a spit fire. I was familiar with her. She talked about those ah-ha moments we have. She is greiving the loss of a very special friend and talked about that. Lisa Harper spoke also. I had never heard of her before either, but I won't soon forget her either. She has such a unique way of describing the Bible passages. Max Lucado uses these words to describe her, " She is one of the best Bible tour guides around" After hearing her speak I can understand why he says that. She talked about the Matthew passage that describes Jesus' genealogy. She was so descreptive it was like you were there. I will never look at that passage the same again. I would love to have her book called "What Every Girl Wants" It is about the Song of Solomon. I bet it is really good. I also heard Mandisa talk and sing. She was AWESOME too. She talked about being on American Idol and Simon Cowell calling her up on her weight. She stated that God was working in the situation, because when she told Simon she forgave him for his nonflattering words, because Jesus forgave her for her sins, none of it was cut out of the segment. What a way to witness!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has lost 75 lbs since then and says with her new song out, that Jesus DELIVERED her. Marilyn Meberg spoke again on Saturday and talked about stuff that no else wants to talk about. She talked about how Satan operates and ways we can fight him. Very good stuff. Sheila Walsh also spoke about a dark time in her life that God has recently carried her through. She had a very moving testimony. It was very touching. I have been receiving her e-mails for several years. I was good to see her in person. She also sang very beautifully. The conference is coming back to Kansas City in November of 2010. I hope I can go back then. It was also nice to be able to spend some time with Peggy. We got to do a little visiting with noone else around. So we could really talk. It was good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment