Thursday, March 22, 2012

I have an announcement to make!!!












































So..............I am going to be g-ma again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipppeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought this Bazooples material about two years ago when I went to Iowa with a couple of friends. I got the fabric and pattern on sale at the Fon's and Porter quilt shop on that trip. I guess I was hoping that maybe someday I might have a grandson.

Now we don't know what the sex of grandchild number two is yet. Doug is convinced that since I already made a boy quilt that I have jinxed it. You know g-pa thinks we really need a grandson, since we already have a granddaughter. lol I told him it has already been decided, way before I made this quilt. lol

It would be nice to have a grandson, but I also think it would be nice for Leigha to have a sister and for the girls to outnumber the boys in my family for a change. lol

Anyway Carissa is due October 1st. If it is a boy I already have his first quilt made. Leigha got two quilts, so in the game of fairness, grand baby #2 will get two quilts too. If it is a girl I will be have to get cracking, as I don't think we will find out what the sex is for a couple of months. I have been planning and eying the fabric at the shop just in case. lol

The animals on the quilt are zebra's, lions, elephants, and giraffes . I had it quilted at MSQC. I chose the jungle gym pattern. As always they did a tremendous job on it. I love it.

If grandchild number two is a girl, I am not sure what I will do with this quilt. Use is as a gift someday, I suppose.

I will keep you updated and post future pics of baby quilts for grand baby #2. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment