
I went through my old posts and realized I hadn't posted about my first shop sample. One of the wonderful benefits of working at MSQC is that they will quilt our quilts for us and then display them in the shop.
A few months back, Natalie was trying to come up with different ideas on how you use her tumbler template. I happened to be working on a quilt at the time that had a four patch in it. I got to thinking and wondering if the 10 inch tumbler block could be cut into fourths and put back to together again in a scrappy fashion to make a square block.
Jake helped me and encouraged me. One day he said lets try it out and we went to the cutting table and after some cutting and discussion we decided we thought it would work. I had a part of a Fresh Flowers layer cake left over from making a table runner and place mats at home, so I decided to use it to try out the "tossed tumbler" design. This is the fruits of the labor. Of course the word labor is used very loosely as this is really fun for me. lol
I love the scrappy look, but you can also see the tumbler effect.
I have since then made another shop sample using American Rose Banner and the tossed tumbler design. It is on display at the shop now. I will post pics of it when it comes home.
No comments:
Post a Comment