


I know I haven't posted for a while, but it hasn't been because I wasn't doing anything. Actually I have been working on quilts for my Mom and my Dad. It has been kept a secret, but is now okay to share. I gave them the quilts this week. The one on the bottom is my Moms and the top two pics are of my Dads quilt. Moms is made with Old Glory and Vicksburg fabric. I got these fat quarters at the Hannibal quilt shop on sale. The pattern is the yellow brick road. It was a very fun pattern to make. I love the colors. They are so rich. I thought this quilt would go well with my Moms lazy boy chair. It was quilted with hearts.
I saw this tractor fabric a while back at a quilt shop in Liberty(the fabric with the blue, red, green, and yellow tractors) and I knew I had to use it to make my Dad a quilt. I bought other farm related fabric to go with the tractor fabric. some of the lines used are Wilmington's Life on the Farm, and International Harvester Tractor Days. I got some of it from MSQC, and some of it from Hancocks of Paducha. There are cows, hay bales, fields, farm homes, barns, tractors and etc on this quilt. I just thought this really was the right fabric to make my Dad a quilt. This quilt was quilted with tractors to go with the farm theme.
I have also made a shop sample using Natalie Dawns 10' Layer cake tumbler template, but I didn't get a pic of it before I took it to the shop. I will post a pic when I get it back.
No comments:
Post a Comment