Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Our vacaation 2011

















I would have to say that this is the hottest vacation we have ever had. I had to wonder on Wednesday if we would make it to our cabin without having severe heat exhaustion. It wasn't too bad until about 3:00 in the afternoon. Then I began some serious talk with God. He gave us some relief through small bits of cloud cover here and there and the idea to buy a big bottle of water and just pour it on myself. When we made it to the cabin about 5:00 the lady there said that her thermometer only goes to 110 degrees and that is where her thermometer was. Add pavement heat, motorcycle heat and a very hot breeze and if felt like 150 degrees........REALLY!!!! Thanks to the heat we did do a lot of rest and relaxing. We would go out til after lunch to town or riding around and them come back to the cabin and take a nap. Now that is what I call vacation. lol It is going to be hard to stay awake from 3:00 to 4:00 at work. lol Thankfully we will be very busy getting packages ready and I think I will be able to make it. lol Then after our nap we would watch tv, read, sew etc. Then we would think about supper. Doug cooked, steak, shrimp and hot wings on the grill. Yummy. Then we would end the evening in the hot tub. We turned the hot tub down!!! lol We visited the War Eagle Mill. It is a working mill. We visited Eureka Springs and we rode around the area on the bike. Very nice rides. They hadn't had any rain for about two months, so things weren't as pretty as I suspect they can be. We also got regular visits from hummingbirds and a doe and fawn. Oh on the way home it rained on us. I suspect it got cooler when we left also. lol We still had a good time. If we go back it will be when it is cooler though.

No comments:

Post a Comment