If you will recall last April I posted a pic of some material for a "future project". I am happy to say this is the end result of that post. Here is the finished quilt that I plan to donate to the Caldwell CountyCancer Assistance Fund. This fund is a very worthy fund that helps cancer patients in Caldwell county with their everyday needs, such as gasoline to go to Dr.'s appointments. or treatments, medicine, or just to help them with their bills during their recovery time. The American Cancer Society is a wonderful organization, but most of their money goes to research. This fund actually gives cash to cancer patients to help them NOW! They have been in operation for about three or four years and have helped just under 100 people, I think. The girls I work with are all good at planning fund raisers and actively participating in that aspect of the organization. I, on the other hand, not so good a things such as that. So I thought what could I do to help. Making this quilt is what I thought of. I hope it makes money to help people during their time of need. Most importantly, my hope is that it in some way it will glorify God.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Caldwell County Cancer Assistance Fund Quilt
If you will recall last April I posted a pic of some material for a "future project". I am happy to say this is the end result of that post. Here is the finished quilt that I plan to donate to the Caldwell CountyCancer Assistance Fund. This fund is a very worthy fund that helps cancer patients in Caldwell county with their everyday needs, such as gasoline to go to Dr.'s appointments. or treatments, medicine, or just to help them with their bills during their recovery time. The American Cancer Society is a wonderful organization, but most of their money goes to research. This fund actually gives cash to cancer patients to help them NOW! They have been in operation for about three or four years and have helped just under 100 people, I think. The girls I work with are all good at planning fund raisers and actively participating in that aspect of the organization. I, on the other hand, not so good a things such as that. So I thought what could I do to help. Making this quilt is what I thought of. I hope it makes money to help people during their time of need. Most importantly, my hope is that it in some way it will glorify God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment