Yes, my latest quilt is a secret. It is a retirement gift for my boss, from my co-worker and me, but we aren't sure exactly when she is retiring. So this has to remain a secret. If you know my boss..........mums the word. This is another star quilt that I used breast cancer fabric on. Missouri Start Quilt Company quilted it for me with ribbons. I didn't get a close up picture of the fabric. I made a quilt to donate to the Caldwell Cancer Assistance fund out of the same material. I posted a pic of it earlier. I added the turquoise fabric to go with the cancer fabric b/c my boss is a two time cancer survivor. The first time was ovarian cancer over ten years ago and the second time with breast cancer over five years ago. When I made the brown and pink quilt for the CCCAF last year, she said she would like to pay me to make a turquoise and pink one. The turquoise color is representative of ovarian cancer and the pink color is for breast cancer. I just never did take her up on her offer. She is going to get the quilt she asked for, but as a gift instead. I am not really looking forward to her retiring, but I can't wait to see if she likes her quilt. Maybe I will get a pic of her with the quilt when we give it to her. I have finished a couple of baby quilts and another special quilt since I made this one. I will try to get pics posted soon.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Shhh!!!! It's a secret!
Yes, my latest quilt is a secret. It is a retirement gift for my boss, from my co-worker and me, but we aren't sure exactly when she is retiring. So this has to remain a secret. If you know my boss..........mums the word. This is another star quilt that I used breast cancer fabric on. Missouri Start Quilt Company quilted it for me with ribbons. I didn't get a close up picture of the fabric. I made a quilt to donate to the Caldwell Cancer Assistance fund out of the same material. I posted a pic of it earlier. I added the turquoise fabric to go with the cancer fabric b/c my boss is a two time cancer survivor. The first time was ovarian cancer over ten years ago and the second time with breast cancer over five years ago. When I made the brown and pink quilt for the CCCAF last year, she said she would like to pay me to make a turquoise and pink one. The turquoise color is representative of ovarian cancer and the pink color is for breast cancer. I just never did take her up on her offer. She is going to get the quilt she asked for, but as a gift instead. I am not really looking forward to her retiring, but I can't wait to see if she likes her quilt. Maybe I will get a pic of her with the quilt when we give it to her. I have finished a couple of baby quilts and another special quilt since I made this one. I will try to get pics posted soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment