Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vacation 2009



As you can see from these pictures, we saw some gorgeous scenery while we were in Colorado. Seeing what God has made always puts me in awe of His wonderful creation. Colorado must have been one of His special creations. The picture of Doug and I with the motorcycle was taken in Rocky Mountain National Park. We were way up there. It was cold. You can see that there is still a lot of snow. This is the earliest time of year that we have traveled to Colorado and the most snow we have seen. I wore jeans, sweatshirt and leather jacket a lot of the time. We asked a very nice man if he would take our picture and he did a very good job. The Lake picture is of Lake Estes. It is in Estes Park. We walked around the lake. The trail is 3.5 miles. It is a long story but we went way more than that. Let's just say we took a right turn when we should have took a left. It was still a nice walk, even though it was longer than we had planned. The water fall was taken just outside of Loveland. We stopped at a shop called "Wild Things". It had animal hides, animal heads, artifacts, and etc. It was a neat shop and the man there was very nice. Of course Doug bought a knife. He is with Knives, like I am with shoes. He buys them even though he really doesn't need them. Anyway the man who owned the store just happened to have this waterfall in his back yard. Wouldn't that be hard to take! I was asking him if he lived in the shop......It was very pretty. He said yes and then asked us if we noticed the waterfall. If you know me, you know I love waterfalls...........anyway I said yes we noticed it. He said we could take our time and go into his backyard (even though there were signs saying not to go into his backyard) and see the waterfall. As you can see it is absolutely beautiful. It was very loud and there was a mist of water coming off of it. The water is coming from the Thompson river.
We had a wonderful time in Estes Park, the Rocky Mountain National Park and we spent one day in Breckenridge Colorado. The little cabin/house that we stayed at near Estes Park was right on the Thompson River in the Thompson Canyon. They had two wooden swings. We loved sitting on them in the evening...........just swinging and listening to the river. Doug says it was his favorite time during our vacation. He loves the sound of water too. I must admit those times rank high on my list as well. We are already looking forward to next years vacation. He says Minnesota, but I am going to try to talk him in to somewhere new...........maybe Michigan. We will see. It will be fun to figure it out and dream about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment