I thought I would share a few of the Lake pictures I took while we spent the weekend with our friends. Richard and Shari have a "shanty", as Shari calls it, at the Lake near Edwards MO. We spent time cruising the Lake in their pontoon boat. Richard and Doug did a little fishing. You can see the catch of the day in the picture above. They used the little blue gill for bait on a trot line. They only caught a gar on the trot line. The fishing wasn't very successful. We did have a good time just cruising in the boat enjoying the beautiful scenery. The weather was cool, so no swimming this time. We enjoyed our time with our friends. It was very relaxing. We will look forward to doing it again someday.
There is a small Baptist church just up the road from their "shanty". Richard, Shari and I attended the church service there on Sunday morning. They had a very nice service. A couple of the youth in the church had been on a mission trip to St. Louis. It was very good to hear how God had worked during the week. I must admit I could see Him moving in the church, as they told about the experiences they had during their trip. All the people were friendly. It was very interesting too, because that church is where our current pastor, Pastor Steve, started out about 30 years ago. Yes, he started out as a Baptist minister, before he became a Methodist minister. The world really is a small place after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment