Monday, June 4, 2012
I got to attended the International Quilt Market!!!!
I am excited to say that Thanks to my wonderful bosses, I was allowed to attend the International Quilt Market in Kansas City this year. It was a very fun experience. Megan, Amy, Elizabeth and myself first attended Sample Spree on Thursday night. It was fun, but a bit crowded and crazy. I couldn't even see the Moda tables. I did see a really neat pattern company called The Red Button. All of their patterns were really cute. Of course I had to buy a pattern. I got a really great deal on some Benartex fabric. 17 fat quarters for $25. Now that is the same a getting 7 fat quarters free. I bought boy fabric. It has worms and bugs etc on it. It is hard to find neat boy fabric I think.
On Sunday, Megan, Amy, Daniella and I went back to see the actual market. The high light for me was meeting Deb Strain. It was her fabric that I made my first table runner out of and I am always drawn and attracted to her fabric. She is my favorite designer. She was soooooooooo nice. She gave us hugs and treated us like we were the only people on earth. I knew I loved her for a reason, now I know it is because she is super talented and a wonderful person. There was lots and lots of stuff at market and we flew through it. Hard to take it all in, in just a few hours.
I am so happy that I got to experience it. May be a once in a lifetime thing. Love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Girl, that smile says it all!
ReplyDeleteYes, it does and thanks to the wonderful photographer for taking my pic and letting be able to remember the day. :)
Delete