


Doug and I got to hang out with the Collins Battery B during the Caldwell County Re-enactment. Here are a few pictures of the activities from Saturday. Collins Battery B is a group that shoots the cannon pictured. Doug got to help with the procedure of shooting the canon during the Saturday battle. The group was on the union side of the battle. The Union Side didn't have enough cannons. They prefer to be on the Confederate side. Must admit I don't really know why. Maybe it is due to family history. I got to get dressed up in old time clothes and Lori did my hair. She french braided it down both sides in the back. Then she put a pretty doily like bow over the ends. It was fun to dress up. The weather was good most of the day. It did get a little hot during the battle. That evening all the re-enactors were fed a free meal. We had buffalo burgers. It was good. It was an experience I will always remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment