Monday, April 6, 2009







Here is my second baby quilt. Please note the "pink" border. Blake and Carissa found out on April Fools Day that the baby is "A girl". No April Fooling.......it is true. I original thought I was going to put a yellow border, then changed to navy blue. After I found out it was a girl........I just had to put a pink border on it. I used a "Sleepytime" charm pack and old jeans to make the pinwheel blocks.
Natalie, at Missouri Star Quilt Company, did another wonderful job quilting the quilt. Can you see the Kites? I will have to slow down on the sewing for a little while. We are hosting a family dinner here on April 25th, so I will have to get up off my duff and get some things done in the area of house cleaning. After that is done I plan on using some of my left over material from my first quilt to make another table runner, and some tasket baskets. Then I want to try a flannel baby blanket with the left over turtle material from my second quilt and the yellow flannel I was going to use for the binding on the second quilt. I don't know what it is called but you sew the squares with the wrong sides together with a big seam allowance that you snip to make a fringe all around each block. If it turns out alright I may use it for a gift for one of Blakes friends that is having a baby in September.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you!! Bound and everything! That was fast Ms. Carol! :) I am so excited for you all to have a new baby GIRL in the family! (you are gonna be the best Grama, EVER) and You are just gonna have so much fun. I hope your shopping trip was a success......
    Now, hurry up get that house clean so you can get back to sewing!! Hahahah!!

    ReplyDelete